The school day for BR FLAIM begins at 8:25 AM and ends at 3:25 PM. Pre-K dismissal is at 3:00 PM.
ABSOLUTELY NO LEFT TURNS INTO THE CARPOOL LINES
Primary campus parents have two options for drop-off:
- Walk-Up: Parents can park and walk their child to the front door.
- Drop-Off: Parents can take the carpool line that flows from St. Joseph Street, making a right on to Mayflower Street. Students should be ready to depart from their vehicle quickly. If your child has a project or something large to bring to class, please park and walk-up.
Kindergarten – 1st Grade
- Only enter the driveway with a RIGHT turn from Mayflower Street.
- When the bell rings, parents may pull into the driveway.
- Pull all the way into the handicapped zone.
- Teachers will call students to the cars.
- DO NOT FORM A DOUBLE LINE.
- Drive down Maximillian Street to the back parking lot.
- Do not enter the parking lot until the buses have gone.
- Enter the lot and pull all the way through to the South Boulevard exit.
- Teachers will call students to the cars.
Rainy Day Dismissal
- All students will be dismissed from the front hallway.
- Cars will pull to the front under the overhang.
- Students will be called to the car from the front hall.
Please be respectful of our neighbors. Do not park in driveways or block them. Do not park in the apartment parking lot. Stay close to the curb so as to maintain two-way traffic on Mayflower Street.
Parents must never leave their cars while in the carpool line. If you must leave your car, you must get out of the carpool line and park on the street.
Intermediate campus parents have two options for drop-off:
Walk-Up: Parents can park and walk their child to the front door.
Drop-Off: Parents can take the carpool line that flows east on East Polk St. turning into the circle drive in front of campus. Students should be ready to depart from their vehicle quickly. If your child has a project or something large to bring to class, please park and walk-up. ABSOLUTELY NO LEFT TURNS INTO THE CARPOOL LINE.
Procedure: Pre-K Students will be loaded at the ramp. DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR TO LOAD YOUR CHILD! The teachers will load the students. Exit the parking lot by making a right hand turn onto E Polk St. ABSOLUTELY NO LEFT TURNS INTO THE CARPOOL LINE.
- From Highland Road: Turn onto E Polk St. Enter the teacher parking lot at the library end of the building through the first gate.
- From Thomas Delpit Dr.: Turn right onto E Polk St. and make the block. Right on Highland then right on E Polk St. Only RIGHT HAND TURNS will be allowed into the parking lot.
3rd -5th Grades
Procedure: 3rd - 5th grade students will dismiss from the front of the school. Carpool line will form on the right side of East Polk St. Parents can take the carpool line that flows east on East Polk St. turning into the circle drive in front of campus. Be sure to pull as close to the curb as possible so that no one blocks the regular flow of traffic. DO NOT BLOCK INTERSECTIONS OR DRIVEWAYS.
- ABSOLUTELY NO LEFT TURNS INTO THE CARPOOL LINE.
- DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR TO GET YOUR CHILD!
- We will load several cars at a time so the line will move quickly.
Please be respectful of our neighbors. Do not park in driveways or block them. Stay close to the curb so as to maintain two-way traffic on East Polk St.
Students may arrive between 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM. Students should NOT arrive on campus before 8:00 AM unless they attend extended day before school. Supervision of students does not begin until that time. The tardy bell is at 8:30 AM. All students are to be dropped off through the carpool line at the front door of the school. Students are not to be dropped off on the streets or back parking lot. If you would rather walk your child to the front door, park your car outside of the carpool line and walk up.
If you arrive after the tardy bell rings at 8:30 AM,
you must come into the office to sign your child into school.
The school day ends at 3:25 PM for students in grades K – 5TH. Pre-K students are dismissed at 3:00 PM.
Bus riders must adhere to all bus rules or will be removed from the bus. Safety is the priority for our bus drivers. They are to contact parents with problems and may also report the student to the principal. The bus driver may write-up the student for behavior problems. Three write-ups will result in a suspension from the bus.
Bus riders will not be allowed to stay at school for carpool dismissal unless we have a written note from the parent stating that the child is to remain at school for carpool dismissal.
Students will not be permitted to get off at other stops or ride other buses at any time. If you must pick up your child from school and do not want them to ride the bus, a faxed notice MUST be sent before 2:30 PM.
Bus riding arrangements are managed by the Transportation Department of EBRPSS and may be reached at (225) 226-3784.
For information on Tardies, Absences and Attendance, please review the FLAIM Student Handbook.