Thank You, Merci, Gracias!
Coming Soon....A number of other campus improvements will also be underway this spring. We will be harvesting the winter garden, planting a spring/summer crop, planting the butterfly garden in the outdoor classroom, and painting the carpool benches and landscaping to improve the appearance of the school's entrance. We will also be completing the outdoor classroom by installing shade sails, picnic tables and a large chalkboard. We look forward to seeing you at our next work day!
We got so much accomplished at our Jan. 15, 2016 Mayflower Campus Workday. We had over 70 volunteers from L'Auberge, Kiwanis, Baton Rouge High National Honor Society, Westdale Middle Beta Club and FLAIM parents - that doesn't even include all the kids.
Front of the School
- Dug up old brick path in front of the school which allowed us to line a new walkway near the carpool benches; create a flowerbed border in the new outdoor classroom; and fill in some areas that will assist in drainage
- Graveled a new path to carpool area
- Prepped front of school for new landscaping and the new bike rack by removing old ligustrum tree
New Outdoor Classroom
To view all the Workday photos,
visit FLAIM's Shutterfly page.
- Removed barbed wire surrounding area and a portion of the chain link fence
- Created flowerbeds in preparation for the butterfly garden
- Lined with landscape fabric, hauled and spread gravel in the entire courtyard.
- Removed large wooden worktable. Wood will be recycled for the outdoor chalkboard.
- Shoveled and hauled sand to fill-in ruts and uneven land around the garden and back of school
- Lined with landscape fabric, hauled and spread gravel to create graveled paths around the garden
Drainage and Deep Crevice Near Pre-K classes
- Filled in the deep crevice created by poor drainage near the Pre-K classes and swing set
- Shoveled and hauled bricks, sand and gravel
- To improve drainage replaced catch basin with a larger one
- Added gravel around the stepping stones between 1st grade classrooms and library to prevent mud and promote drainage.
- Removed dirt and debris from library patio