1st - 5th Grades start school WEDNESDAY, August 9, 2017.
The tardy bell rings at 8:30 AM. Please make sure you have your child at school before then.
Pre-K's mandatory meeting is Wednesday, August 9, at 8:00 AM at the Intermediate campus, 408 East Polk. The Pre-K staggered start dates are:
- One third of students will attend Wed., Aug. 9, Thurs., Aug. 10, Fri., Aug. 11 and Mon., Aug. 14; then half of students will attend Tues., Aug. 15 and Wed., Aug. 16.
- Follow normal start (8:25 AM) and dismissal (3:00 PM) times.
- All Pre-Kers will attend Thursday, August 17, 2017.
- Call the Intermediate campus for your Pre-Ker's staggered start days at 225-383-2611.
Kindergarten's mandatory meeting is Wednesday, August 9, at 9:30 AM at the Primary campus, 802 Mayflower St.
- One third of students will attend Wed., Aug. 9, Thurs., Aug. 10, Fri., Aug. 11 then half of students will attend Mon., Aug. 14 and Tues., Aug. 15.
- Follow normal start and dismissal times.
- All Kindergarteners will attend Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
- Call the Primary campus Kindergarten's staggered start days 225-343-6630.
Drop Off & Pick Up
Review the procedures for Drop-Off and Pick-up here.
- No students are allowed on campus until 8 AM unless they are early morning extended, which begins at 7 AM.
- Remember there are absolutely NO LEFT TURNS into the carpool line at both campuses. Go around the block!
- There will be a bus in the mornings that will pick up Intermediate students at the Primary campus and drop them off at the Polk campus. Students taking the bus must be at school by 8:10 AM.
- Please DO NOT check your child out early unless they have an appointment. You may not check your child out after 3:00 PM.
Pick Up is different than Drop Off. Please review those policies.
Extended Day is open to all students at both campuses. Intermediate students will be bused to the Primary campus. Parents will need to pick up their child at the Primary (Mayflower) campus. Extended day is from 3:30 - 6:00 PM.
Breakfast & Lunch
Breakfast and lunch will be served for free again this year. Your child may also bring their lunch. No fast food. Breakfast is from 8:00 - 8:30 AM